Porter Airlines Cancellation Policy
Like Other services, Porter Airlines also has its cancellation policy and Terms & Conditions. It’s our advice to you to read the conditions and policies of Porter Airlines Cancellation before booking any ticket and services of Porter Airlines flights. For more information about the cancellation policies dial our Porter Airlines Phone Number where our executive will clear all your doubt. You can also book your ticket from our Porter Airlines Cancellation service. Here, is the cancellation policy of Porter Airlines taken from its official web page. For further information or clarification, you can visit the official website. We are not giving your guaranteed authentication for the information taken from the official website of Porter Airline.
Delayed, Diverted and Cancelled Flights
This page provides valuable information for passengers who have experienced a flight delay, diversion, cancellation or a missed connection.
If your flight is delayed or cancelled
We work hard to get you to your destination on time, as scheduled. Sometimes, events beyond our control or situations we do not anticipate lead to flight delays, cancellations or diversions. When these situations arise, we will always do our best to minimize your inconvenience.
What we’ll do to help
We will keep you informed
- We will make available information about changes to your flight’s status within 30 minutes of the time we are notified of the change. Updates will be provided through our online Flight Status tool, local airport Flight Information Displays and through the Porter Call Centre. We will also offer updates at the boarding gate area and on board (if applicable), and will continue to provide updates every 30 minutes.
- To ensure passengers are kept informed of any changes to their travel itinerary of 30 minutes or more, Porter deploys an automated notification system that forwards electronic messages as soon as flight change details become available.
- If you provided a valid email address on the reservation, we will send any email notifications to that address. If you’ve signed up for SMS alerts, you will also receive text message notifications.
- If you’ve made your reservation through a travel agency, the flight notification will be sent to the e-mail your agency provided, unless you updated your contact information during web check-in or if you are a registered VIPorter member and your membership number has been added to the reservation.
We will rebook you at no cost
When your itinerary requires rebooking because of a flight disruption that delays your arrival to your final destination by three hours or more, we will:
- Rebook you on the next available Porter flight at no cost.
- If the next available Porter flight is more than 48 hours later than your original departure time, you will receive notification on how you can request to be rebooked on an earlier flight on another airline. We will reimburse for transportation to the alternate airport. If the offered rebooking options do not meet your travel needs, you will be entitled to a refund in the original form of payment or a full credit if the flight disruption was beyond our control.
Standard of treatment you will receive
We commit to meeting the minimum standards of treatment established by federal regulations for all flight delays and cancellations that are either within Porter’s control or are required for safety.
- We will provide you with meal vouchers for use at an airport restaurant, depending on the timing of the delay. If vouchers are not available, you can be reimbursed to a daily maximum of $35.
- If a delay is expected to extend overnight, we will provide hotel or other reasonable accommodation, including transportation to and from the accommodation. This will be provided to you free of charge
- Once a departure has been delayed by two hours, we will also provide you with access to a means of communication.
Note that the above standards of treatment do not apply when there is a delay or cancellation due to situations outside of Porter’s control.
What we’ll ask you to do
- Provide us with your contact information during booking or online check-in, or add your VIPorter number to your reservation, so that we can inform you about any changes to your booking.
- Visit our online Flight Status page for up-to-date information about your flight. If you are already at the airport, check the Flight Information Display screens, listen out for flight announcements or ask one of our gate agents for information.
- Check your email and/or text message to see if you’ve received any flight updates from us.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed by 3 hours or more, you can choose one of the following alternative options:
- Travel on the next available flight to your destination (which we will rebook you on)
- Choose an alternate flight/date
- Cancel one or all of your unused flight segments with no penalty and receive a Porter credit, or when the delay is due to a situation within Porter’s control, request a refund issued to the original form of payment.
Learn more about change and cancellation fees from Porter Airlines Cancellation. We are a third-party air ticketing service provider, solely providing services as per the guidelines of Porter Airlines. We are not responsible for any discrepancy.